Product certification is an important development and manufacturing element in allowing you to bring your product to market, whether in UK, Europe, or Worldwide.
Depending on your certification requirements, the whole process can prove to be quite daunting if not project managed correctly, ideally from early R&D design stages, through any pre-compliance investigations and finally formal compliance testing and documentation.
DitroniX are able to provide established certification experience, continuity and help guide you through these stages and processes:
- Certification Baseline
- Consultancy, Design Reviews, Product Certification Support, Certification Project Management
- Pre-Compliance Testing Support
- R&D support, Hands-On EMC investigation, EMC R&D Diagnostics, Training
- Formal Compliance Testing Support and Preparation
- Certification Testing Support, Product Manuals, Marks and Logo’s
- Administration Support
- Draft and Final Reports, Legal Documentation, Attestations, Submissions
Certification Support includes compliance in a range of areas:
- Conducted Emissions and Immunity
- Radiated Emissions and Immunity
- Radio Frequency (Wireless)
- Electrical Safety
- REACH and RoHS
- Mechanical Reliability and Endurance
- Accelerated Product Life Testing
- Materials and Flammability
- PWIS (Paint Wetting Impairment Substances) Testing
- Global Market Access
DitroniX support product certification testing in the UK and Worldwide (including in-country testing). At our preferred UKAS-accredited laboratory, TÜV SÜD, we are able to work closely with you, your engineers and importantly the test lab, to provide hands-on testing in order to gain the required certification and product compliance in the shortest time frame.
Certificates, and Notified Body opinions, are provided by British Approvals Board for Telecommunications (BABT) in order to provide confidence to authorities, and Telecom service providers, that certified products comply with international and local standards and all relevant regulatory requirements.
Your product confidentiality is important to us and we are happy, together with the test lab, to enter into any agreement, or NDA.
Our extensive product certification testing support extends to include the below examples:
- UK Approvals
- European Approvals (TUV BABT NB)
- RED, ETSI, CE Marking, Safety, REACH, RoHS and GS Mark
- Eastern European Approvals
- Customs Union Certification (CU TR)
- North American Approvals (TCB FCB)
- FCC, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), CTIA Battery Certification and Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL)
- South American Approvals (TUV and In-Country Testing)
- Brazil and Mexico
- Australasian Approvals (TUV BABT)
- Australian and New Zealand Conformity Approval
- Asian Approvals (TUV BABT)
- China Compulsory Certification (CCC), Japanese Radio Approvals and S.Korean KC Mark Certification
- Worldwide (TUV BABT and DEKRA)
- CB Scheme, Global Market Access (GMA), HDMI Compliance and Bluetooth Qualification
Electromagnetic compatibility is the ability of equipment, or systems, to function satisfactorily in their electromagnetic environment without introducing intolerable electromagnetic disturbance, to anything in that environment. EMC testing is a range of conducted and radiated emissions and immunity tests that ensure the product’s electromagnetic compatibility in the operating environment.
Specific Absorption Rate, (SAR), RF limits are there to protect all users of wireless devices from the potential harmful effects of radio frequency exposure. This includes specialist expertise in product RF radiated, body and head testing.
Climatic and mechanical stresses to products, such as climatic, heat, cold, damp, thermal shock, vibration, wind, storage, altitude, fluids and contaminates, weather, lightening, water and dust environmental conditions, that can effect how your product functions in various states. Environmental testing is designed to allow you and your customers piece of mind for physical, endurance and end cyclic testing.
Wireless and RF
Comprehensive testing and certification services based on knowledge of radio frequency legislation, guideline, standards and compliance requirements for the EU, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan and other Worldwide countries. Testing includes RF conducted and radiated emissions.
Testing electrical and electronic products for electrical safety identifies potential risk of electrical shock to users. This includes product materials and UL fire ratings. Evaluating a product for electrical safety typical includes High voltage, Leakage, Insulation and Ground continuity. Electrical Safety Pre-test Assessment and Design Reviews.
REACH and RoHS
Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals, REACH, is a European Union regulation, which has a sole purpose to address the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment. It pertains to all chemicals including those used to make a product.
Restriction of Hazardous Substances, RoHS is a European Union directive rather than a regulation meaning it is an instruction for those involved. Thus bans substances that are present in electrical equipment that is within the directive.
Reliability and Endurance – Mechanical
Testing products for mechanical reliability is part of the Accelerated Life Testing. Mechanical parts such as buttons, connectors, cables and keypads, are repeatedly tested over a short space of time and high number of pre-determined cycles, in order to highlight any stresses and potential weakness areas.
Accelerated Life Testing – UV Aging
Ultraviolet Light is well known for affecting material strength, yellowing, discoloration, cracking and brittleness. Using a series of established UV and Xenon light test methods, it is possible to subject materials to Accelerated Life Testing in order to establish any potential problematic materials before they reach the market.
PWIS (Silicone Free)
Paint wetting impairment substances (PWIS), can cause coating defects even in very small quantities and thus affect the quality of the coating. In the automotive industry this topic has been in focus for decades. The VDMA 24364 specification defines requirements for specialised testing, taking into account the intended place of use, the intended use of a product and a classification into product groups.
For further details of our Certification and R&D Testing Support services, please feel free to contact us.